Introduction to High-Performance Computing
IMPORTANT, for this semester only:
- "Introduction to High-Performance Computing" takes place as part of the lecture "Parallel Programming".
- No student can register to "Parallel Programming" and "Introduction to High-Performance Computing" at the same time.
- "Introduction to High-Performance Computing" is only offered to those study programs for which it is mandatory.
- Students from all the other study programs can still attend the course, but take credit for "Parallel Programming"; for this they will need to submit a request to their study program advisor; we will support and co-sign such requests.
For the course material, please go to Parallel Programming
When: Winter semester 2015-16
Where: 2181|P11 (MeT P 11), Kopernikusstraße 14
CAMPUS #: 15ws-45645
Contacts: Prof. Paolo Bientinesi, Dr. Diego Fabregat
Knowledge of the C programming language
- Parallel computing architectures, network topologies
- Blocked algorithms to exploit data locality in deep memory hierarchies
- Design principles for parallel algorithms
- Modeling (speedup, efficiency, Amdahl's law)
- Introduction to parallel programming
- Further selected topics
Lectures & Exercises
- Mondays 12.15 - 15.45 (lecture + exercise)
First lecture: Monday, October 19, 12.15
2181|P11 (MeT P 11), Kopernikusstraße 14
Tuesdays, 11am-1pm, by appointment.
AICES R432 (Rogowski Building - Schinkelstrasse 2)
- 15.02.2016, 12:15 - 15:45.
- 04.04.2016, 12:15 - 15:45.