Topics in Computer Music
When: Summer semester 2017
CAMPUS #: 17ss-50166
Contact: Prof. Paolo Bientinesi
This seminar is well suited for motivated students who are passionate about both music and computers. Ideally, you want to work on a MS thesis in computer music.
All the topics are concerned with the algorithmic/automatic solution
of a music-related problem.
E.g.: identification of a musical composer, generation of music, simulation of an acoustic environment, ...
Every student gives a presentation and writes a report on the assigned topic. The presentation must contain music.
- Reasonable knowledge of the fundamentals of music
- Good command of algorithms & complexity
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages
- Strong mathematical background
- Attendance is mandatory
- 70% presentation, Q&A
- 30% report
- MR: Music Recommendation
- GC: Genre and Subgenre Classification
- MI: Mood Identification
- FE: Feature Extraction
- AM: Automatic Mixing
- MA: Music Analysis
- Start: Wednesday, April 19, 5.15pm
- Where: Rogowski 115, AICES seminar room, Schinkelstrasse 2
Wednesday, 19.04 Topic assignment
- "HOWTO: Presentations", by P. Bientinesi [PDF]
- Report: ...